Sunday, December 18, 2011

12/18/11

Today I was reminded of how precious 'child-like faith' was. It was the annual Christmas celebration at my church this evening and we always have a raffle. My parents think I'm lucky because I always seem to win things in these luck-of-the-draw games, while I know that it's not luck, but God's gracious blessing. I was sitting with the cutest set of 6 year old twin boys and of course they eagerly wanted to win a present. Julian the smaller twin bowed his head and said a little prayer. When I asked him what he prayed about he told me that he prayed that his ticket would be called but not only his own. He prayed that his brother, myself, and my friend would also win. It was just the cutest thing. By no means am I renouncing God as a genie where wishes come true, but I know God honors the pure untainted faith of a child, like it states in Mark 10:13-16.
Before the next round of raffle picking began, his mom came and told them they had to go because they had school the next morning. Julian quietly got up out of his seat, handed me his ticket, and followed his mom. The other twin, Jaden, on the other hand...fussed and complained, but eventually they both came back because their mom let them stay just a little bit longer. Long story short, Julian ended up winning a present, as well as Jaden. Oh, and I won too (: YAY! God really heard his prayers. Oh, bless that cute little boy hehe.


As for me, I learned to share my gifts. I won a box of my favorite Ferrero Rocher, but my mom gave away about half of the box to other church members. Of course everyone loves them because they are so delish! I was just reminded to share my gifts and not be selfish. God did not bless us so that we can be selfish, but to bless the world, therefore bringing glory to God.

1 comment:

  1. katrinaaaaa you should blog more! i really enjoyed your praise reports hehe :) super encouraging and praise-worthy!

    ReplyDelete