Thursday, November 10, 2011

At the age of 30...

what is going to matter? Will these frivolous pursuits of “happiness” and senseless worries of fitting in benefit me as I head full into adulthood? What I consider seemly important is rudely put into perspective when I elongate my gaze. I know what is going to matter. What is going to matter in the longrun is my relationship with my Heavenly Prince, the friendships I invest in, and the education I discipline myself to have. The almost-terrifying, and outright disgusting, truth is that I know, but somehow there is still a big part of me that wants to be a rebel, to live in the moment because it is all too appealing. I’ve always considered myself a low key rebel, but the things I engage in now will have either repercussions or rewards in my future which I had never really considered like around this time last year. I know what I need to do, but it is all too hard for me to accomplish alone. I need strength Your strength.
Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. -2 Timothy 2:22

No comments:

Post a Comment